The Estate & Elder Law Maze
August 27, 6:00 pm
All attendees will be offered a certificate for a Trust Review or an Estate Planning
Consultation ($450 value) just for attending the event. There is no cost or obligation
Are your legal documents more than three years old? Have you been meaning to get a power of attorney or a will in place, but haven’t stopped long enough to do it? If so, your family may have a lot of decisions to make on your behalf, without any instructions from you. Will your family have trouble dealing with your hospital or your bank if you become sick or die? Please Read On.
Join attorney Linda S. Melancon for a free estate planning webinar and discover how to make sure your wishes are carried out exactly as you want. Even if you have an estate plan or a living trust, new laws, changes in your family and overlooked items may mean your current plan is out of date or won’t work as intended.
If you’ve been putting off updating your estate plan (or getting one in place), NOW is the time to take action to protect yourself and your loved ones! Here are 7 reasons why you should attend our upcoming webinar and get the information you need to be sure your affairs are in order:
- You have adult children who can’t handle money. Whether due to financial immaturity, a disability, addiction or concerns about your child’s spouse, we can offer solutions that protect your children from themselves.
- Life is complicated.Maybe you’re in a blended family with “steps,” ex’s, new spouses or family members who don’t get along. You want to make sure your family dynamics are accounted for and everyone is treated fairly in your plan.
- Your life is simple.Maybe you are fortunate that all your loved ones get along and your wishes are all very straight forward. Would there be any surprises if you were disabled or fell gravely ill tomorrow? At your death, are your wishes clearly outlined? Do your loved ones have somewhere to turn for help? What would it take for things to go as smoothly as possible?
- You’d like to keep Uncle Sam out of your pocketand away from your hard earned money.
- You know that families fight and fall apart after the death of a loved one. As much as possible you want to spare your family from the terrible drama and heartache.
- Privacy is important to you and you want to keep your family’s personal affairs out of the Court recordswhen you die. Scammers can feast on the intimate details in those records, taking advantage of your loved ones at a vulnerable time.
- You wonder…. Will your old plan still work, after all these years?**There have been recent changes in the law that impact older plans.** Documents can become stale; when needed, they may not work as intended.
August 27th, 6:00 pm
All attendees will be offered a certificate for a Trust Review or an Estate Planning Consultation ($450 value) just for attending the event.
There is no cost or obligation.